Sunday, January 8, 2017

Changes


Post written in October but forgotten to publish......


So the weather it seems is finally changing here in Texas and I couldn't be happier.  It has been perfect running weather.  Training has been going well.  

I ran a half last weekend and it wasn't one of my better races.  At the start, it was in the 70s and the course was an out and back on the dam with no reprieve from the sun.  I forgot my sunglasses that morning and ran most of the race solo.  It was mentally tough and I had to keep talking myself up.  A few days after the race, I got an email with my races photos.  Ugh, not pretty!  That form I've been working on.....well, lets just say that I revert back to old habits when I get tired.  Baby steps!

Fast forward through a busy week and I found myself again running solo.  By my choice I decided to change the time of my run to allow me to join the family at church.  The weather looked to be ideal with temperatures in the high 50s to low 60s.  I headed out about 9 am and the weather was great.  I had a target pace but was told that it was not as important as just getting the miles in.  Overall the run was a good one.  It got tough the last 4 miles as the temperature rose and legs tired.  

Training is changing this week.  Speed work is finally on the schedule and I'm excited to see how I do.  I hope that I don't disappoint myself.  

In addition to weather changes and form changes, the schedule change may become a permanent change as well.  Changes may be in the horizon for our family but change is good and God will provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment