Thursday, January 12, 2017


Most of you know that while I use a training plan, I hired a coach and listened to the advice of so many, at the end of the day, it is God's will that will get me across that finish line on Sunday.  He has given me a great gift.  

Today I had the opportunity to listen to a homily during Mass from a priest I had never heard speak before.  He truly spoke to me and from the look of the congregation, he touched so many others as well.  The gospel was from St Mark today and showed Christ's love and compassion for everyone when he heard the pleas of a leper for healing.  Where most would harden their hearts, Christ never does!  The message in the homily was you are NEVER alone.  Everyone struggles at some point.  Reach out for help.  While the priest wasn't referring to the struggle of completing my marathon, it gave me a moment to pause and think about what it has taken to get to this Sunday.  

I could not do this alone.  When I didn't want to do 1 more 800 on the track, when the last 3 miles of 18 made my legs felt like lead, as I am checking the weather by the hour & feeling bad that conditions may not be ideal, there has always been someone there to push me, pick me up or tell me to "suck it up".  When all is said and done, no matter the outcome, these friendships I have made won't go away.  They may threaten to not let me back in town if I don't come home with my goal but they know that just serves as motivation.  After this weekend, I hope to return the favor that so many have given me.  My cup runneth over!



And at the end of the day, a text of encouragement to share their mantra to use on race day is just what I needed.  

By His Grace
In His Strength
For His Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment