Sunday, September 18, 2016

Looking Forward to Monday!



Wow, what a week!  I've had bad weeks before but friends this one really had me in an emotional tailspin.  I'm glad I waited until Sunday night to share with you all because had I done so earlier, I'm sure someone would have sent some nice people in a padded van to pick me up for some R&R!

Let's start with Monday. I usually don't work but because I had a trip planned to Chicago to celebrate a dear friend's retirement, I adjusted my week.  No biggie, I'm flexible!  (No comments from the peanut gallery!!)  I didn't have a run scheduled so it started as an easy morning.  Little did I know .......  After school is crazy busy for us on Monday's so I dropped the older two off at home while I took AVZ to Taekwondo.  I had barely pulled out of the driveway, when my phone rang.  The kids were calling to tell me the dog had had an accident and it smelled like someone had died in the house.  Bless their hearts!  By the time I got home, they had cleaned up the dog, the carpet (as best they could) and gotten the bed out of the crate and outside!  Huge points scored!

On to Tuesday, at this point I don't remember but I'm sure I had a run scheduled.  Since I don't remember, it was uneventful and completed as scheduled.  Tuesday is starting off pretty good.  Well.....again busy after school schedule and I found myself sitting in the parking lot of the high school with 2 out of the 3 kiddos while the oldest was at his flute lesson.  While we were reading stories & talking about the events of the day,  I watched a teenager in, what was soon obvious, a vehicle too big for him, attempt to pull into the spot beside me.  Unfortunately for my front quarter panel, he over estimated his turning radius!  While it really sucked, no one was hurt so I took his information and will get the car fixed.

And so we are on to Wednesday and I remember what was suppose to be run, because I didn't get it done.  You always remember the ones you miss or don't run well.  I was too tired to get up for 6.5 and told myself I would run after school.  Ha, what a rookie!!  Remember the dog that was sick on Monday?  Well, he paid a visit to the vet but I was still optimistic that I would run when I got home.  Nope!  Things went south really quickly and without going into details, the teenager wasn't speaking to me and I was holding that coveted "Mother of the Year" award for screaming insanely.  Hold off on that padded van.  All is good, I ate my humble pie and apologized.  I also canceled my trip to Chicago which I was very sad about but knew I needed to be home.   Sometimes, parenting is not pretty and down right hard!  

My coach has been extremely patient and accommodating (yes, he will probably read this!) with my varying schedules so no run was scheduled for Thursday because of the trip.  Well, like a good girl, I got up and ran my 6.5 from the previous day.  Most of the run was done by myself, in the dark, alone!  I don't like to do it but its just the way it worked out.  I survived and was glad to say I hadn't missed it.

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful, thankfully.  My long run this week was on Sunday, again because of the trip to Chicago.  It started out pretty humid but the wind changed and picked up and we even got some welcomed rain.  I felt really good and while I am still struggling with form, I am feeling optimistic that it will come.  

I always look for the lesson and what I learned this week is its time to re-evaluate where I choose to place most of my energy.  After Wednesday night, it was pretty obvious that I need to direct more of my energy towards my kids and our relationship.

Here's to a fresh start tomorrow and the opportunity to do better.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment