Monday, November 9, 2015

Day 7, 8 & 9 of Thanks

Well, I didn't promise that I would be prompt on my daily doses of thankfulness or did I?  Anyway, the weekend as usual was very busy so when I think of what I am thankful for over the past three days, here they are:

Forgiveness

This is HUGE for me!  I am so thankful for the grace to be forgiven.  I don't deserve it, I have no right to ask for it so when I receive forgiveness I truly want to be better for that person.

Friendships

The last few days have been spent together as a family but also with friends.  I love that we have close friends that not just the kids are friends but the parents are too.  

Growing in Faith

My parents did such a good job bringing my brother & I up in the Catholic faith and set a wonderful example.  I always knew this but today while finishing up a lesson in my bible study it really hit home how much they tried to integrate the faith into everything we did.  The study guide gave examples of ways, daily, to continue your spiritual growth and those that were listed are things I did as a kid and continue to do with my own children to this day.  Thanks Mom & Dad

I'm also thankful that I have found a study that truly challenges me and leaves me wanting more.  For the ladies that have formed a small group to discuss our studies and have the patience with me as a work through thoughts that I just can't seem to get.


No comments:

Post a Comment